Concealed carry (CCW) (carrying a concealed weapon), is the practice of carrying a handgun or other weapon in public in a concealed manner, either on one's person or in close proximity. Not all weapons that fall under CCW controls are lethal. For example, in Florida, carrying pepper spray in more than a specified volume (2 oz.) of chemical requires a CCW permit, whereas anyone may legally carry a smaller, so-called, "self-defense chemical spray" device hidden on their person without a CCW permit.
Smart Targets LLC trains under the NACFI training curriculum and believes this is the most comprehensive and informational training available.
NACFI's License and Permit to Carry Training covers the six broad topic areas necessary to understand if a permit to carry is for you and, if so, how to survive a Defensive Gun Use (DGU). The six broad topic areas are:
1. Physical - Surviving a violent attack physically is important, but only part of story.
2. Personal/Moral - Do I have the personal fortitude and capability to use a firearm for self-defense and can I live with myself if I have to shoot someone?
3. Legal - A complete understanding of the laws regarding the use of deadly force and permit to carry laws. Staying out of prison is a very good idea!
4. Practical - How do I carry a firearm? What type of handgun is right for me? Maintaining shooting skills. Practical tips for carry and surviving a DGU.
5. Communal - What are the expectations of my community? What are the expectations of permit holders in general? What do I do if I am stopped for a traffic violation? How do the laws and communal expectations live together?
6. Financial - Ever thought about how you would pay for saving your life. That DGU could cost millions and we know how to pay for it. For most of our clients say this knowledge alone paid for the class.
Illinois requires 16 hours of training in order to obtain an Illinois Concealed Carry Permit. Credit hours are given for prior training. (Check Illinois State Police website for approved training courses or contact us). We offer an 8 hour Handgun Safety and Handling Basics and the 8 hour Illinois Concealed Carry Course which exceeds the States requirements of training. Our training also satisfies the requirements for Florida CC permit. We also offer the Utah CC permit classes as well.
For a list of classes and to register, visit www.nacfi.org or click on the tab below and register. For additional information, email email@example.com.
Joe Jakubik - NACFI Certified Instructor, Utah CCW Certified Instructor
Copyright © 2014 Smart Targets LLC. All rights reserved.